Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Juice Fast Day 14: Apple Blood Orange Juice & Chard Green Juice



Welcome to the end of day 14 of our juice fast. David is just getting home from playing basketball and I've been sitting here working on plans for breaking our fast the day after tomorrow.

Feeling good right now but definitely looking forward to getting a punch of energy from whole raw foods. Nevertheless, I am still mixing it up with the juices! I'll start with the fun one... I discovered some blood oranges at  the grocery store yesterday and decided to pick up a bag and experiment with it.

Easy recipe for 32 ounces=  6 blood oranges and 1 Red Delicious apple




The next recipe is a green juice with a nice hint of sweetness to balance out the bitterness of Swiss Chard.

What to juice: 1 bunch Swiss Chard, 2 cucumbers, 1 lemon, and 1 Red Delicious apple.


I also made a Romaine/lemon/cucumber/Granny Smith apple mixture that is nice. It has a pretty cool lime green color...wish I had gotten a picture of it.

That's all for now...see you on day 15!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment