Sunday, March 4, 2012

48 Day Juice Fast: Day 12 & Tangerine Plum Dream Juice Recipe


Happy Sunday, everyone! David and I are officially 1/4 of the way through our juice fast!

The past couple of days have been pretty good. David is finally over his hump and feeling great with much less cravings. My last weigh in was yesterday morning and I was at 128 lbs...a few more pounds and I'll be at the weight I was when I got married. David told me I actually look a lot in my build and face like I did when we first started dating in 2006 (although I was almost 15 lbs lighter then than I am right now...but my weight distribution looks much healthier than it used to). Mind you, the main reasons I am doing this are for lent and to clear up pain and health problems that have been plaguing me. The weight/fat loss is a nice bonus though. :)

Last night David and I went out to dinner (at Cracker Barrel) with my family to celebrate my grandmother's 86th birthday. Almost everyone at the table had grilled fish and sides included mashed potatoes, green beans and some kind of apple cobbler. I was craving the biscuits a little bit but David and I sat and watched them eat with the juice we brought. It was a lot easier than the last time we did a no eating dinner with a group. David said the only thing he even was craving at the table was the salad!

So I've been working on mixing up the combinations to keep our fast interesting. My latest experiment was this morning with some plums and a half a bag of tangerines I got yesterday.  I decided to call the juice Tangerine Plum Dream.

Tangerine Plum Dream Juice (Yields 4 cups)

5-6 tangerines
2 plums



Juice all, strain through a strainer or nut milk bag if you like (I strained mine) and drink! This stuff tastes awesome, by the way. It ranks right up there with the Sunshine in a Glass juice.

I also picked up some red grapes, peaches, romaine lettuce and a lemon plum yesterday so there will be more experiments to come.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. If I have said it once, I will say it again...You guys are an inspiration. I cannot wait to get a juicer to do my own reset fast.

    ReplyDelete