Tuesday, February 28, 2012

48 Day Juice Fast: Day 7-- Energy Levels & Juicing in Bulk


Hi there! It has officially been a week since David and I started this fast! Exciting milestone... but we still have 41 days to go.

I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 130 (down 5 lbs from the start). I have lost some unhealthy chunk on my stomach as well as my arms and legs, but I still have a good bit of  that unhealthy fat on my tummy.

I've noticed a surge of  energy today that is greater than days before and I've also noticed my happiness level is up. I'm by no means a depressed person normally, but I do feel an improvement in how I feel overall emotionally. :)

So far in our juice fast, we drink our juice right out of the juicer, but I've started to feel like all I'm doing is juicing and cleaning up after juicing, which affects my productivity with my work, etc. So, I decided to carve out two straight hours today to do nothing but juice.

Juicing 2 bunches of kale, 5 cucumbers, 3 apples, 8 tomatoes, 4 celery stalks, 5 lemons, 2 grapefruits, 4 oranges and 1 thumb of ginger yielded 9 jars, or 144 ounces of different types of juice.

When I store juice I fill a 16 ounce mason jar to the very top (to prevent oxidation of the juice), seal it tight and store in the refrigerator right away.


I've also used a sharpie to keep all my batches straight. I got this tip from Kristen Suzanne of Kristen's Raw. Sharpie marker will come off of a mason jar very easily with water and a wash cloth. This batch produced enough juice to last David and I through the rest of today and the first half of tomorrow.




So far today, I have had one 16 ounce jar of carrot,/apple,/ginger juice and one 16 ounce jar of kale/cucumber/lemon/ginger juice. Looking forward to some kale/cucumber/green apple juice and sunshine orange/grapefruit/lemon juice later today. :)

13 comments:

  1. awesome post! good luck to you on your fast! I am actually juice fasting right now for 2 weeks (I'm on day 2). The first few days are always the hardest! This will be my second time juice fasting, so I'm looking forward to the cleanse, a little weight shed and the overall benefits. Keep on truckin girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lindsay, and best wishes for you and your juice fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of juicing all at once and having them all set to go in the refrigerator. By the way, your frig is so clean; it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thanks Suzanne! My fridge isn't always that clean. The juice fast has helped out a bit with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly,
    Great post about juicing in bulk. I'd like to feature your method and photos on my site http://myjuicecleanse.com. Contact me on my web site if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this post. I am glad to know that I can juice in batches. The cleanup was getting to me for only a couple glasses of juice. I just started juicing about a month ago. My daughter and I are a starting a 3-day raw food fast tomorrow which is going to include juices. Thanks again and continued best wishes on your fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Carla. I'm happy it helped you in your planning! Good luck with your raw food cleanse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and "My Juice Cleanse", I have messaged you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just watched the reboot your life doco and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much of the juice are you supposed to drink in one go and how many per day. The other thing was, if you only drink half a mason jar , how do you then keep the rest. Flash freezing seems too time consuming. With thanks Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always drink a whole mason jar (16 oz.) at a time. I would recommend drinking it all but if you absolutely can't, I recommend transporting the juice to a smaller 8 oz. airtight jar when you are finished and resealing.

    The amount of juice I drank ranged from 64 oz. to 128 oz. of juice a day, depending on how much my body needed. My advice on that would be to listen to your body and be prepared with enough juice/stuff to make juice when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have juiced in the past and have started to juice again..after juicing, I take the mason jars, put them in the sink and fill them until it starts to spill over, apply the round seal and you can see it run over the jar a little..i know there is no air in the jars..i wipe them down before screwing the lid on..i also add a little lemon juice to help retain the nutrition..

    I drink all the juice within 8 hrs so I can get all the nutrition..

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post.
    juicing

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Health programs play a significant role in every human's life. With respect to Health programs that appointment system is also designed so that the medicine, veterinary medicine, other clinical credential would be practiced easily. diabetes doctor reviews

    ReplyDelete